- Negotiated a settlement in excess of US $50 million of a stalemated Latin America contractors’ all risks (CAR) policy dispute with insured, insurer, and reinsurers.
- Negotiated settlement of an excess of US $70 million claim by global insurer’s key client under a disputed multinational trade-credit policy.
- Negotiated settlement of an excess of US $50 million disputed Latin America property claim under a multinational insurance property program.
- Devised efficient strategy for early resolution of multiple fatality claim faced by US company in Latin America under a multinational liability insurance program.
- Successfully litigated absence of punitive damage coverage under nursing home excess liability policy lacking specific punitive damage exclusion.
- US Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- US District Court, Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- US District Court, Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
- Widener School of Law, JD, 1998
- University of Pittsburgh, BA, 1988
Dan is a Partner in the firm’s Philadelphia office and works with clients on matters spanning the Americas, Europe and the Caribbean. With over 27 years serving the insurance and reinsurance market, Dan assists global insurers and reinsurers with the evaluation, negotiation, and litigation of multi-national reinsurance disputes. He represents a wide range of professionals and businesses defending liability claims brought against them. He is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and Florida as well as the federal courts in those jurisdictions.
Dan has been in the private practice of law and employed by global insurers in senior technical and leadership roles. Throughout his career he has evaluated claims and coverage disputes within all lines of standard property and casualty, specialty and financial, excess and surplus line insurance, both litigating and managing litigation. He has represented US domestic and international insurers and reinsurers in coverage and US bad faith litigation.
Dan has a reputation for leading multinational, multicultural parties toward efficient and collaborative resolution of complex commercial disputes, and to litigate when a more pragmatic solution is unachievable. He is ever mindful to balance his clients’ legal rights, their commercial relationships, and their resources.
Dan speaks on industry panels relating to developing trends and industry insights, and provides clients with guidance and training on current topics in dispute resolution, insurance coverage, and good faith claims handling.