- Successfully acted for an MNC in a high value commercial arbitration under SIAC which involved complex issues of law.
- Acted for a sub-contractor in a multi-million dollar adjudication involving one of the largest projects in Singapore under the Security of Payments Act.
- Acted for various parties in a SIAC arbitration which took place in both Singapore and Los Angeles in relation to a S$25m dispute over the construction of a state-of-the-art desalination plant.
- Acted for an international insurance company where he spearheaded its worldwide recovery efforts against one of the world’s largest paper and pulp producers in one of the world’s largest debt restructuring exercises, restructuring debts worth more than US$16 billion.
- Acted as lead counsel in one of the largest building defects claim involving an MCST in Singapore involving novel issues of law.
Kevin is Joint Managing Partner in our Singapore office. He qualified in the UK as a Barrister-at-Law (Middle Temple) in 1994 and Singapore in 1995.
Kevin has over 20 years of experience in dispute resolution where his practice focuses on commercial disputes which include litigation, arbitration and mediation. He regularly acts as counsel in arbitrations under SIAC, ICC and CIETAC regimes as well as ad-hoc arbitrations. He also takes on appointments as arbitrator, both as sole arbitrator or as part of a panel.
He regularly advises clients in a wide range of construction disputes ranging from developers to building owners on defects claims, Extension of Time claims, disputes involving the calling on Performance Bonds and acts for clients in numerous claims both in the High Court and in the Court of Appeal. Kevin has also acted as counsel in numerous adjudication claims under the Security of Payments Act.
He is a Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators, a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators as well as an Associate Mediator with the Singapore Mediation Centre. Kevin has been mentioned in The Legal 500 in the area of dispute resolution.