- Advised on a reverse takeover by a Singapore main board listed company of a People's Republic of China ("PRC") property developer for S$600 million
- Advised the issuer on its initial public offering by way of placement of shares achieving a market capitalisation of approximately S$129 million
- Advised a main board listed company on its S$220.5 million placement to its controlling shareholder comprising 350 million shares at S$0.63 each
- Advised a multinational corporation on its acquisition of shares in a Singapore company for US$210 million
- Advised a private equity fund on its US$50 million investment in a BVI company (a joint venture with a major international bank) whereby the BVI company indirectly holds interests in 3 wholly foreign owned enterprises in PRC which collectively own a residential building in China
Eng Wee is Head of the corporate team at Kennedys Legal Solutions with deep expertise spanning corporate and securities laws, capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, China, banking and finance, corporate restructuring, joint ventures, corporate and commercial contracts, regulatory compliance, corporate governance advisory and corporate secretarial work. He is qualified to practise in Singapore, Hong Kong, New South Wales, Australia, and New Zealand.
Eng Wee has more than a decade of experience practising at leading law firms in Singapore and as in–house counsel advising major companies listed on the main board of Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited. He gained a good working knowledge of foreign investment laws in China while acting as the Representative for the Shanghai Representative Office of a previous law firm, and was also previously joint Company Secretary for three SGX-ST main board listed companies.
Eng Wee has advised listed companies, issue managers, underwriters and placement agents, private equity funds, multinational corporations, high net-worth individuals and small and medium enterprises on a wide range of corporate, capital markets and private equity transactions including initial public offerings, pre-IPO investment, dual listings, reverse takeovers, public takeovers, de-listings, rights and warrants issues, placement, local and cross border acquisitions and disposals of shares and assets, downstream investment and compliance by private equity funds, joint ventures, corporate restructuring and various corporate actions by listed companies.
Eng Wee has advised on various cross-border transactions with PRC elements, and frequently advises listed companies on their regulatory compliance and corporate governance issues.
Eng Wee has acted for both banking and financial institutions and borrowers on facility loans and security documents and has also been involved on corporate real estate transactions involving sale and lease back of land and buildings, and acquisitions and disposals of office, commercial and residential buildings.
He is currently the lead independent and non-executive director at two companies listed on the Singapore Securities Exchange: Heatec Jietong Holdings Limited and GS Holdings Limited (both listed on the Catalist Board). He was also formerly an independent and non-executive director at a company listed on the main board of the Singapore Securities Exchange and another company listed on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Eng Wee has also been ranked as one of Singapore's Top 40 Most Influential Lawyers aged under 40 by Singapore Business Review in 2015.