- Arbitration consultant on a claim of a hydro electrical plant construction.
- Arbitration consultant on portfolio transfers among insurance brokers.
- Arbitration consultant on the sale of a supermarket chain.
- Legal opinion on the faculties of the insurance regulator regarding the reserves to be kept by insurers.
- Assorted legal opinions on the proper interpretation of insurance and reinsurance clauses.
- Qualified in Chile in 1982.
José Antonio Gutiérrez is a Partner in our Chile office, and qualified in 1982. He specializes in insurance law, corporate law, arbitration and contractual issues. He advises on diverse legal matters and is a consultant in arbitrations. He is regularly involved in the drafting of wordings and civil and commercial negotiation.
Jose Antonio is the founder of the ‘Legal Business Journal’, an electronic publication devoted entirely to jurisprudence from both courts of Law and administrative bodies.
José Antonio is the Chairman of the Legal Committee for General Insurance at the Insurance Companies Association of Chile. He is also an accredited arbiter with the Santiago Chamber of Commerce and of the National Association of Arbitration.
In previous roles, José Antonio was counsel for the Insurance Commission (previously Superintendencia de Valores y Seguros) as well as lecturer for various postgraduate courses run by the Insurance Companies Association of Chile. He is also a former director and active member of AIDA Chile.