- Advised in relation to US$167 million fraud arising out of the issuance of fraudulent warehouse receipts in respect of aluminium held in Qingdao, China.
- Advised in relation to the avoidance of PI policy for misrepresentation and breach of warranty arising from a claim by financial services insured who arranged SLS products but failed to disclose regulatory approval of products had been sought but not granted in advance of policy inception.
- Instructed as monitoring counsel and to provide coverage advice on the fallout from irregular trading on the fixed income desk of the client asset manager, which was subject to investigation by the FCA.
- Advised on the avoidance/declinature of claims made by three directors under a D&O policy subject to Lithuanian law and jurisdiction. Claim arose from proceedings issued by the certificate holder alleging the directors entered into unlawful contracts.
- Elisabeth trained at Linklaters, qualifying in England and Wales in 2010
Elisabeth is a Senior Associate in our London office and joined Kennedys in 2011.
She regularly advises on insurance policy coverage issues relating to various classes of financial lines risks, including professional indemnity (PI), directors’ and officers’ (D&O), crime, and employment practices policies. Her current caseload includes monitoring a number of Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulatory investigations on behalf of insurers.
Elisabeth has previous syndicate and company market experience, having spent 18 months working for Catlin’s claims team on PI and financial institutions risks.
- She is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL).