- Notable practitioner (Band 1) for 'Travel: International Personal Injury (Defendant) (UK-wide)'
"Excellent judgement on sensitive issues, "first-class knowledge" and "fantastic support and great client service."
"Claire Mulligan is lauded as 'one of the UK's best travel and tour lawyers'"
Chambers UK 2019
- Leading Individual for 'Travel (London)'
The Legal 500 UK 2018/19
- Ranked Band 1 in Travel: International Personal Injury (Defendant) – UK wide
“one of the UK's best travel and tour lawyers," garnering praise for her "excellent judgement on sensitive issues, "first-class knowledge" and "fantastic support and great client service."
Chambers UK, 2019
- Leading Individual for 'Travel - personal injury (London)'
"Leading travel law litigator' Claire Mulligan is ‘extremely impressive’ and provides ‘clear, concise and constructive advice’."
The Legal 500 UK 2017
- Included in the The Best Lawyers™in the United Kingdom 2019 for Travel Law (London).
- Ranked Band 1 in Travel: International Personal Injury Described as "a cut above the rest in the field of travel litigation; she gives great advice and support to her clients." Another observer notes: "She is amazing. Her level of legal knowledge is second to none. She is always my first port of call"
Chambers UK, 2018
- Claire’s team won Transport: Firm (Specialism) of the Year – for ‘Travel’ in The Legal 500 UK Awards 2017.
- Qualified in England and Wales, 1995
Claire leads Kennedys’ travel team and is a partner in our London office. She qualified in England and Wales in 1995.
Claire has been advising the travel and tourism industry for over 20 years on all manner of issues and litigation, including the Tunisian terrorist attack inquests, hotel accidents, overseas accidents and injuries whilst on holiday, drownings and catastrophic injuries sustained in pools or from balcony falls, hurricanes, mountaineering and climbing accidents, and sickness outbreaks.
In addition to defending claims, she drafts tour operator and travel agents’ terms and conditions, supplier contracts, crisis manuals and health and safety addendums. She also has a wealth of inquest and regulatory expertise and advises management boards on risk management, GDPR and health and safety issues. Claire acts for insurers and corporates with large deductibles including travel companies, tour operators and hoteliers. She defends employers’, public and motor liability claims, including large loss cases and serious incidents abroad.
Claire is an expert in crisis management and provides a 24/7 crisis response service to a number of clients. She has handled a wide range of incidents including child abduction/disappearance from a hotel, terrorism attacks, child drownings, polar bear mauling, BBC Panorama’s coverage of alleged abuse, and the UK’s largest hotel fire. She provides crisis management workshops and crisis management assistance to over 100 tour operators and agents.
Since 2000, she has been consistently listed in Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500, as a ‘leading lawyer’ in the fields of travel litigation and defendant injury litigation. From 2012 Claire has been listed as a 'Super Lawyer' in the Telegraph's rankings in the field of travel and transport.
Claire is a regular speaker at the annual LexisNexis Travel and Tourism Conference, ABTA, ACTE and ABTOI conferences. She is also an ‘expert’ on LNTV (Legal Network Television).
Claire is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL).