- Providing advice to insurers regarding the Chapecoense plane crash.
- Representing Avianca and Turkish Airlines regarding cargo claims, consumer law and administrative proceedings.
- Advising insurers regarding airdrome and ground accidents and incidents.
- Advising insurers and settling matters regarding oil spills on the Velasquez – Galan Pipeline.
- Defending the interests of Club EL Nogal regarding the civil liability proceedings initiated by the victims of the 2003 terrorist attack.
George is a Colombian qualified lawyer who currently works at the Bogota (Colombia) office. George completed the International Corporate & Commercial Law LLM from King's College London.
George is experienced in providing advice on contentious and non-contentious matters to insurance and reinsurance companies, local and international insurance brokers, financial institutions, London-based law firms, carriers, universities and airport concessionaires.
George specializes in providing advice on aviation insurance, transportation accidents, cargo claims, administrative and private liability, insurance regulatory affairs, captive insurance, aviation consumer law, coverage analysis and corporate, commercial and administrative matters. George has a thorough experience on dispute resolution; he has defended the interests of well-known local and international insurance corporations as well as of important multinational enterprises on domestic judicial and arbitration cases. He has also experience in drafting distributorship, franchise and agency contracts and handling international disputes regarding these types of contracts. Additionally, he has expertise on corporate and non-profit entities’ law.
George has legal experience regarding high-profile Colombian aviation accidents and incidents and handling insurance cases of the oil and gas industry. He has handled proceedings before Colombia’s high courts and provided advice regarding complex arbitration cases. He has also provided advice regarding the structuring of international reinsurance frameworks and Bermuda captives.
George previously worked at local law firms specialized on insurance, maritime and aviation law, ranked in The Legal 500, Who's Who Legal and Chambers & Partners.