Our UK apprenticeships
- 60 UK apprentices
- 7 offices
- 2 awards
Kennedys offer both business services and legal apprenticeships. These are aimed at school leavers that have completed A Levels or equivalent studies and are looking to embark on an exciting career and earn as you learn. We believe our apprentices, both legal and business services, are the talent pipeline for Kennedys.
Our apprenticeships are offered in conjunction with our learning provider, BPP. BPP have various UK locations, making it easily accessible for apprentices in all of our UK offices. Find out more information about BPP.
In addition to a dedicated supervisor at Kennedys, you will have a tutor and skills coach at BPP, to ensure that you have all the support you need at work and with your studies. We offer a competitive salary (paying at minimum the UK Living wage both in and outside of London).
Our business services apprenticeship will result in professional recognition within one of the following areas:
- Marketing – Business Administrator Level 3, typical duration 18 months
- Finance – Assistant Accountant Level 3, typical duration 18 months
- Human Resources – HR Support Level 3, typical duration 18 months
- IT – Infrastructure Technician Level 3, typical duration 12 months
- Risk and Compliance – Compliance / Risk Officer Level 3, typical duration 15 months
The business services apprenticeship will provide an introduction to the fundamental principles of how a business services department operates at Kennedys. Once the initial apprenticeship has been completed, apprentices who would like to continue their learning may have the opportunity to progress onto a higher level apprenticeship or become a permanent member of the team.
We are currently offering business services apprenticeships in our London and Chelmsford offices. Applications for our 2019 business services apprenticeships are now closed.
Read about a day in the life of a Business services professional.
Our two year paralegal apprenticeship will result in the Level 4 Certificate of Higher Education in Legal Services, which is equivalent to the first year of a law undergraduate degree. The paralegal apprenticeship offers an introduction to the fundamentals of legal practice and provides a combination of learning and working within one of our legal teams, to build your knowledge and the skills required to work as a Litigation Assistant at Kennedys.
Once the two year paralegal apprenticeship has been completed, apprentices who would like to continue their learning may have the opportunity to join the Level 7 solicitor apprenticeship. This takes five years to complete and involves the completion of a (Hons) degree in legal practice and will lead to qualifying as a solicitor.
We currently offer paralegal apprenticeships in our Birmingham, Cambridge, Chelmsford, London, Manchester, Sheffield and Taunton offices.
Applications for our 2019 paralegal apprenticeships are now closed. Applications for our 2020 paralegal apprenticeships are now open, apply here.
- Kennedys launches UK business services apprenticeships
- An apprentice's perspective: Maya Taylor
- An apprentice's perspective: Bronwen Ollerhead
- An apprentice's perspective: Lewis McAuley-Jones
- An apprentice's perspective: Laura Birks
- An apprentice's perspective: Jennifer Chapman
- Life as a law apprentice at Kennedys
- School Leaver Awards 2018: Spotlight on Kennedys